Pages

Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas Tree, oh Christmas Tree............

I love Christmas it is one of my favorite times of year. Even here in Oregon with the constant down pour of rain. I love it. I love all the twinkling lights. The smell of fresh Christmas Trees. All the home baked goodies, everything about Christmas just means family to me.

This is even more special being that it is baby girl's very first. Although we think she is too young for us to be buying extravagant gifts we are so excited to start new traditions with her.

We decided that instead of gifts we would get things that would become tradition in our family for baby girl and future children when that happens (to clarify not pregnant). So we got her some books for reading on Christmas Eve, we cut a our own tree as a family, and we have a advent calendar of bible verses.

We also have a tradition of getting a new ornament to add to the tree each year, still need to find this years ;).

These are just some of my favorite ornaments we have on our tree <3.

{Oh yah Elementary school picture ornament project} 
{I only have three of these left, they were my moms. They plug directly in to the light strand.}

{Ornament my mom gifted me as a teenager}

{Glass breast cancer ribbon}

{Got this as a gift the Christmas after mom passed away. Taken during our last Thanksgiving together.}

{The angel we bought our first Christmas as husband and wife.}

{Love this snowman couple.}

{Our last Christmas in Hawaii ornament.}

{Coast Guard for the hubby.}

{My most favorite baby girls very first ornament.}


Love our tree and all that it represents,
Adrien

-What are your favorite ornaments?

1 comment:

  1. After Taylor told me that they get ornaments from places they visit or lived in, I started doing it too! That plus the special ones like our first Christmas, Ethans first Christmas etc...The plan is eventually, many years down the road that our tree would only have "special" ornaments and very very few store bought decorative ones. My favorite is the hand print we did of Ethan last year.

    ReplyDelete