Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

Creations: Painting with Stain


So I tried out a new technique this week painting with stain. Lets just say I was really nervous. One, I have never done this before. Two, what if I screw it up, then ill have to sand it back down or paint over and time will be wasted, gah. How nervous was I? Lets just put it this way I drew out the lotus outline over a month ago.

Well I finally put my big girl pants on and jumped feet first with this idea painting with stain, and guess what, it turned out amazing! I have yet to finish the desk but when I do I promise to post pictures of the project beginning, middle, and end.

(Used pencil to create lotus outline)

(Used Kukui stain from Cede Caldwell toy create the individual petals. So pretty.)
 
I can honestly say I have not done anything nearly this artsy since my mom passed away. I'm not sure if it was because I had more time for art because I was in high school or if it was mainly because most of the things I made were for my mom, either way it was nice to use my art muscle again. It was nice to work beyond vinyl and home decor signs, and really let my creative juices flow.
 
~Adrien
 
 
What do you think? Is this a technique you would use?

No comments:

Post a Comment