Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Searching For Spiritual Home

As military spouse I have gotten use to finding a new home. I've learned what descriptive words to watch out for and how to review neighborhoods before checking out a possibly place. But searching for a church is a whole other ball game.

With finding a new church you physically have to go, meet the people, hear the pastor, and get a feel for the environment. There is only so much you can learn from online when church searching, the rest has to be done in person.

I have yet to get use to looking for a church. This is our third station and by now I figured it would be easier but no such luck. Throw a baby in the mix and its even harder. Now the list of must haves in a church gets a bit long.

Here is our list:
-Awesome childcare
-Parenting groups
-Nursing room (no one likes being shoved in a corner)
-Mom groups (for my sanity, really sometimes momma needs the playdate more than baby)
-Not to big
-Not to small
-Great worship
-Appropriate distance from the hubs work (for duty weekends),
-Message has to be spot on
-It has to feel like coming HOME!

It seems impossible but I know eventually we will find the right church home, even if it takes longer than I would like. But it will be worth it. Because this church will be the one that my daughter is first raised in. This one will start to lay the foundation of her relationship with Jesus and that is worth searching every Sunday.



So let the search continue,
Adrien

No comments:

Post a Comment