Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Dont Blink!


I have realized something recently as I have watched Lilly learn new skills and as she has also cut her first teeth, these days are numbered. Soon enough her toothless smile I have grown to love more than I could imagine and will do the silliest of things to make appear, will be filled with adorable little teeth.

Soon enough she will no longer be exclusively breastfeed. Eventually she will not breastfeed at all but will eat solid foods like a big girl with us at the table.


Eventually tummy time will turn in to crawling, walking, and running. Before I like to think it, she will be too big to put in her carrier and someday she will not want to be carried. Instead she will want to hold my hand when we go on walks and hikes, then that to will end.


So for now each day I am doing my best to not blink. To not miss a single moment and cherish every single one. Every breastfeeding session, even in the middle of the night when I'm in zombie mode, I will be thankful for it. I'll take as many photos as I can of her smile every day. Lastly, I will hold her close to my heart as long as I can and go on longer walks, because these days are fleeting and I do not want to miss a single second.


She is only this small once,
~Adrien

No comments:

Post a Comment