Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Being vulnerable & Pushing Through

I just finished taking photos for a fitness feature for my friend's blog, The Daring Dandelion. To be honest I was uncomfortable in my own skin.

Silly, I just posted pictures of my daughters birth. It's not like I could get any more vulnerable and exposed than that.

But for some reason I was feeling vulnerable. I felt exposed. I'm not sure what it is that made me so uncomfortable. I tried on all my workout clothes before I felt "good enough" in the outfit you see pictured.

Before heading out I took one last look in the mirror, stood up straight, smiled, and reminded myself that this body carried and gave birth to a beautiful little girl. So of course it's going to look different and there is nothing wrong with that.

I need to celebrate not condemn this body. I need to honor and rejoice what this body has done.

Adrien

5 comments:

  1. You look so stylish! Loving the hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. Im growing it back out. I miss my long hair.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pants :) and the person wearing them ain't so bad either! ~e.m

    ReplyDelete